Meeting Organization and Overview
Our mission is to bring together women who live locally and who want to be a part of helping the central coast community.
100+ Women Who Care members meet quarterly (four times a year) to pool their money together and make one, substantial gift to a local charity.
Each member pledges (as a team or individual) to donate $100 at each meeting, thus earning the right to submit, present, and vote for a local 501(c)(3) charity (see “Charity Criteria” for more information about charity eligibility).
Meetings are preceded by a Happy Hour that allows members time to arrive, submit charities for consideration, and mingle with other members while enjoying some food and beverages.
Toward the beginning of the meeting three members’ charities are selected at random from the submissions.
Each selected member makes a five-minute presentation on behalf of her charity (see “Presentation Criteria” for more information).
By secret ballot, members vote for the organization that they would like to receive the membership group’s pooled donations.
Ballots are counted the night they are cast and members submit their donation by check (written to the chosen charity).
Once all the checks are collected organizers, and any others who wish to attend, deliver the group’s donation to the winning organization.
100+ Women Who Care membership involves three components: submission and presentation of a local charity, voting, and donating. By signing our commitment form you:
1. may submit and present a local charity for donation consideration
2. may vote for one of the three charities presented (groups have one vote)
3. commit to donating to $100 at each meeting you attend
100+ Women Who Care donate to charities that meet the following criteria:
1. The charity must be located on the central coast (Marina, Monterey, Salinas, Sand City or Seaside).
2. The charity must be a non-profit organization recognized as a 501(c)(3) that serves Monterey County.
3. The charity, program, or non-profit must to agree to keep our members’ information confidential, and not use it for future solicitations. Charities failing to adhere to this condition will be removed from any future considerations.